- I prefer to drink water that is chilled from a fridge (Sheri will agree here).
- I once got a parking ticket for $240 because I didn’t have a WOF, but I wrote in and got out of the $200 no WOF ticket because I was getting it that day.
- I love smooth legs, but find shaving regularly a hassle.
- My ideal next car would be a Mazda Familia Sp20.
- First kiss: When I was like 2, but I don’t remember it and I get the feeling it wasn’t consensual. I’m told that our parents were inside and happened to look outside only to see Josh Ferries (name and shame!), puckering up and planting a kiss on my lips! Talk about starting at an early age you little player!
- My first ever phone was a Nokia 6610, and I got it when I was 13years old.
- My favourite movie when I was younger was Mary Poppins.
- I’ve never had a speeding ticket.
- One of my pet hates is when pegs are left on the line and not put in the peg basket. I don’t know why, it just annoys me.
- I once almost had a crash when I was going too fast one night and got into a sideways skid on an icy gravel road, I pretty much almost went off the side of the hill, praise the Lord I didn’t get hurt.
- When I had to play netball as a 12year old in the pouring rain during winter we used to put our fingers in our mouths to warm our fingers so we could catch the ball.
- I used to have a lisp when I was younger.
- I have a tattoo (shock, horror!).
- I love lying in bed and hearing the rain patter on the roof.
- I started shaving my legs in Year 9 because a boy on the bus teased me about my ‘hairy legs’. Looking back I realise that my legs weren’t actually that hairy, and the hairs weren’t even that obvious because they were blonde.
- I’m a daddy’s girl.
- When I was 7years old I got my finger stuck in one of those swinging doors because I was trying to tag Sheridan through the crack by the hinges. Two weeks later my fingernail had died and gone crusty and it got hooked on a curtain and fell off. It’s grown back since though.
- My middle name is Patrice, which means noble.
- My island name that was given to me while I lived in Vanuatu is Leisale (said Lay-Sell-Ay), which means woman of dance. I was given this name because I taught some of my kids the Macarena, Chicken Dance and A-E-I-O-U.
- I’m an extrovert.
- I was a massive punk rock fan when I was younger.
- I used to have an ear stretcher; I started off with a spike, and then changed to a spiral. Getting an ear stretcher also happens to be one of my regrets in life.
- I love Phase 10 and Rummicub! Favourite childhood games!
- When I was 6 or 7 years old I was an expert goldfish catcher in Grandma and Grandpa’s pond. One time I caught a massive one and started walking to the house to show Gma and Gpa what I had caught. As I was walking up the outside steps I dropped the fish and it fell though the steps into the bush below. I tried to find the fish in the bush, but alas, it was not found. RIP Big Mumma Goldfish. Poor wee thing.
- I’m currently a huge fan of succulents.
- I really enjoy personality tests, strength tests, love language tests etc, I just find it so interesting learning about myself and also learning what other people get in the tests too.
- I love Banoffe pie
- In the past 12months I’ve developed a massive appreciation for photography, and also dabble in a bit of photography myself.
- This year is my last year for my undergraduate degree.
- I find other peoples’ music tastes really interesting and enjoy learning more about who they are as a person according to the type of music they listen to.
I thought I would do another 'Facts About Sask' blog (you can check out my first one here). Enjoy! x
I am a daughter of the King, a passionate expresser of positivity and a lover of lists, food and creative expression.