· Karam, flip, where do I begin? You can be sooo creepy sometimes! Haha. When you go up to people and deeply hum as a greeting… you grab the person’s hand, lean in and deeply hum in their ear. Or last night when you just stood behind me and deeply hummed in my ear for ages and I didn’t even realise… what a creep. Then there’s the weird two-finger greeting you do. Seriously Karam, that freaks me out so much. And how you do that weird thing with your fingers while you’re shaking the persons hand, ugh!
You are also way too good at saying “Hello, it’s Karen here”… and that’s all I have to say about that…
· I love how you always ask people to either: tell a story, sing to you, or dance for you. I love rising to the challenge of being weird to bring you joy, so never stop asking me to dance for you, I will forever grace you with my dramatic arm movements. It’s so funny seeing different peoples’ reactions when you ask them to step out of their comfort zones, while others rise to the occasion, some shy away from the opportunity to make a fool of themselves. Not only through dancing, story telling and singing, but you also challenge people in their lives and I’m sure I can speak for most people when I say that you challenge us for the better. You encourage people to look deeper at their lives and to dive deeper in their relationships with Christ. So never stop challenging people Karam, you do it so well.
· The fact that on your Instagram account you have 31 photos, of which none have a caption, let alone a hashtag, and 191 followers, is evidence enough that you take great photos. You have talent in photography, music, videography and conversation. You never talk to people about boring stuff, you ask great questions and you always generate colourful conversation. You are a talented drummer, guitar and ukulele player, and you excel in all areas of video editing and filming. What a star!
· There’s something about a man in a beard… and then the utter shock and confusion that hits you as the guy who once looked 22 turns into a 15year old boy again. Karam, your affect on people just by shaving your face is astounding. Also, your ability to grow the thickest, most dense, most manly, most full and glorious beard in the space of approximately three weeks is mind blowing. You have an ability to grow facial hair that other men of this world may be envious of!
· Karam, your biblical wisdom is both enlightening and encouraging to those around you. Just by sharing what God has been doing in your life and offering words of encouragement, you bring flavour to conversation that enriches our lives for the better.
So Happy Birthday Karam from all of us! May you be abundantly blessed in every way possible, and continue to shine your Arab light wherever you go. :)