Each day I choose to use my positivity as my strength, I choose not to dwell in the pits, but to rise above my struggles and see the bigger picture. Sure, there are days when I fail to do so, when I crumble under life stresses, but those days are a reminder of why it is so important for us to stay positive and to choose happiness in a world filled with devastation and disaster.
So, I’ve decided to compile a list of different ways that will ensure you too can make your positivity your strength.
1. Post an encouraging quote on social media
- We may as well utilise the forever-growing social media as a way to declare positivity over our lives, and to encourage other people that are in our spheres of influence too. Especially on those days where I just feel hopeless, I really love to declare power over bible verses or quotes by publically posting them on Instagram and choosing to believe in those words rather than my circumstances.
2. Take care of yourself!
- Eat healthily! Exercise! Building your self-confidence through a healthy lifestyle has a chain reaction leading to an overall positive attitude in life. For me, when I’m exercising regularly and eating yummy healthy food (or drinking freshly made juices) I just start feeling better about myself, (and how I look). I wake up in the morning feeling just an overall feeling of positivity and happiness! In addition, don’t just physically take care of yourself, but emotionally take care of yourself too! Respect the tenderness of your heart, don’t be naïve about the effect of heartbreak and the influence that general issues can have on you emotionally.
3. Search for the positive
- There’s always a positive side to every situation, always. Even if the positive side isn’t obvious or apparent at first, I can almost guarantee you, it will be there. Sometimes you realise that positive has come from negative situations, and sometimes you realise there is positive in the negative situation. Whenever my friends go through rough patches, or when I go through them myself I always try to look for something to be grateful for, something that will make the negative factors seem insignificant or unimportant. I choose to be positive, it is a choice. Only I am in control of my attitude, bad things happen all the time, but I am in control of how I let them affect me and how they make me feel.
4. Reduce negativity in your life
- There are plenty of negative people out there who are glass half-empty by default. I was told that the top 5 people you spend most of your time with are the people you are most likely to become like or similar to. If you surround yourself with negative people, you will probably find that you can’t help but think negative thoughts. However, if you are surrounded by people who choose positivity, and people who encourage happiness, then it’s a lot easier to live with an optimistic attitude. In addition, letting go of bad habits, friendships and relationships that have had a negative impact on your life frees you to pursue happiness without as much resistance.
5. Do things that make you happy
- Listen to songs from your favourite band, go for a run, take photos, jam on your instrument, write poems, drink (good) coffee, take photos, spend time with friends, ring up your family, play golf, go to a Zumba class, talk to that friend you haven’t caught up with in a while, go to that one person you know will put a smile on your face, cook your favourite meal, learn a new language, do something for someone else, I could go on forever! Do something, anything! If you are feeling down, don’t just mope around feeling sorry for yourself, be proactive in your pursuit of positivity and happiness!